Everyone is asking, “Why are we so sick?”
No easy answers to that question!
It is the result of the total load theory of stressors on a child’s body.
Stressors come from lots of places:
- Our biological makeup (genetic and epigenetic vulnerabilities): It’s Not Just Our DNA
- Personal lifestyle choices (what we eat, products we consume, activities we enjoy) The way we live our lives in the modern world: The Cost of Modern Living
- Toxins in everything we consume from the air and water to food and medicine. Learn more about environmental toxicity
- Insufficient sleep and exercise
- Inappropriate expectations
- Family relationships and events
At the heart of it, our planet is sick and so are the people who inhabit it. Read more: Sick Planet, Sick People.
The diagram below depicts six categories of STRESS.
Taken together, we call it a “body burden” or “total load theory.”
Fortunately, once we are aware of the individual factors, we can work on reducing them. Let’s get started!