If you live in a city, your child’s EMF exposure is much higher.
Chronic stress can wear out your child’s adrenal glands, making them more anxious, prone to temper tantrums and prone to sickness.
Chronic stress also leads to chronic inflammation, a hallmark of a chronic illness.
Research shows that EMF can cause changes in both the sympathetic nervous system as well as the parasympathetic nervous system.
Researchers described the top 10 symptoms of EMF dangers as:
- Memory problems
- Difficulty concentrating
- Eye problems
- Sleep problems
- Feeling unwell
- Chronic fatigue
- Heart palpitations
Common sources of EMF exposure are:
- Fluorescent lights
- Cell phones
- Cordless house phones
- Baby monitors
- Wi-Fi systems
- Smart meters
- Large electric devices such as refrigerators
- “Dirty electricity” from off-phase electrical systems in houses and buildings
EMFs make fungi (mold and yeast) more virulent, and this was known at least as far back as 1980. D
ietrich Klinghardt, MD, PhD, is a huge opponent of EMF dangers.
My top two sources for understanding this issue in more detail are Ann Louise Gittleman’s book Zapped: Why Your Cell Phone Shouldn’t Be Your Alarm Clock and 1,268 Ways to Outsmart the Hazards of Electronic Pollution and the Electric Sense website.
In the meantime, here are some simple things you can do to mitigate EMF dangers:
- Get rid of wireless phones and use corded phones
- Remove Wi-Fi at home or at least turn it off at night
- Get rid of baby monitors
- Keep electronic tablets and cell phones on airplane mode as much as possible, especially if children are playing on them
- Use electronic devices as a babysitter as little as possible
- Use grounding mats while using electronic devices
- Use grounding sheets and pillowcases while sleeping
- Installing Stetzer filters to reduce “dirty electricity”
- Make sure your child’s bed isn’t within a few feet, even on the other side of a wall, of a large electric device like a refrigerator or oven because these appliances generate large electromagnetic fields
Still Looking for Answers?
Visit the Epidemic Answers Provider Directory to find a practitioner near you.
Aldad, T.S., et al. Fetal Radiofrequency Radiation Exposure From 800-1900 Mhz-Rated Cellular Telephones Affects Neurodevelopment and Behavior in Mice. Sci Rep. 2012;2:312.
Dasdaq, S., et al. Effects of 2.4 GHz radiofrequency radiation emitted from Wi-Fi equipment on microRNA expression in brain tissue. Int J Radiat Biol. 2015 Jul;91(7):555-61.
Havas, M. Radiation from wireless technology affects the blood, the heart, and the autonomic nervous system. Rev Environ Health. 2013;28(2-3):75-84.
Herbert, M.R., et al. Autism and EMF? Plausibility of a pathophysiological link part I. Pathophysiology. 2013 Jul;1-19.
Herbert, M.R., et al. Autism and EMF? Plausibility of a pathophysiological link part II. Pathophysiology. 2013 Jun;20(3):211-34.
Johansson, O. Disturbance of the immune system by electromagnetic fields—A potentially underlying cause for cellular damage and tissue repair reduction which could lead to disease and impairment. Pathophysiology. 2009 Aug;16(2-3):157-177.
Pall, M.L. Microwave frequency electromagnetic fields (EMFs) produce widespread neuropsychiatric effects including depression. J Chem Neuroanat. 2016 Sep;75(Pt B):43-51.
Tang, J., et al. Exposure to 900 MHz electromagnetic fields activates the mkp-1/ERK pathway and causes blood-brain barrier damage and cognitive impairment in rats. Brain Res. 2015 Mar 19;1601:92-101.