We interviewed Carla Atherton, Director of the Healthy Family Formula, about supporting type 1 diabetes with a functional-medicine approach.
You can sign up for the replay below:
Carla’s daughter developed type 1 diabetes seven years ago.
She discovered that mainstream medicine’s main way of dealing with type 1 diabetes is matching insulin to carbohydrates.
Surely there must be more to it than that?
And what causes or contributes to it?
Instead of thinking, “that’s all there is to it”, she dove into functional medicine, an individualized, patient-centered, science-based approach that looks to eliminate rather than suppress symptoms by looking at the root causes of a disease or condition.
Carla explained to us how, through functional medicine practices and testing, you can potentially:
- Find the root causes of your child’s diabetes
- Reduce or eliminate risk of further disease progression and complications
- Reduce or eliminate risk of developing co-morbidities
- Have a better relationship with your healthcare practitioners and chose the ones that will work with you in a manner that works for you
- Optimize your child’s health through your own efforts
- Explore the possibility of complete disease reversal or elimination of symptoms
Carla Atherton, MA, FDN-P, Family Health Coach, is the director of The Healthy Family Formula, host of The Children’s and Teen Health Summit, author of the forthcoming book Family Health Revolution (release date: March 15th. 2019), editor, book junkie, research geek, insatiably curious mother of three grown (son age 20), almost grown (daughter age 18), and growing (daughter age 15) children, one of whom has type 1 diabetes.
Carla lives on an acreage in rural Saskatchewan, Canada, where she works from a home office with families from all over the world on the reversal of children’s chronic health conditions.
Carla is on a revolutionary mission to empower families to transcend our new normal of ill health and chronic disease.
Date & Time
- Thursday, January 31, 2019 1:00 pm