We interviewed Dr. Devra Davis, the founder and president of the Environmental Health Trust. She is the author of “Disconnect: The Truth About Cell Phone Radiation”, “The Secret History of the War on Cancer”, and “When Smoke Ran Like Water: Tales of Environmental Deception and the Battle Against Pollution”.
You can sign up for the webinar replay here:
Dr. Davis founded non-profit Environmental Health Trust in 2007 to provide basic research and education about environmental health hazards and promote constructive policies locally, nationally and internationally.
Dr. Davis lectures at University of California, San Francisco and Berkeley, Dartmouth, Georgetown, Harvard, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and major universities in India, Finland, and elsewhere.
She was Founding Director, Center for Environmental Oncology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, and Professor of Epidemiology at the Graduate School of Public Health (2004-2010).
She spent 2013-2014 as a Visiting Scholar with the Goldman School of Public Policy and Management at the University of California, Berkeley and has served as a Distinguished Visiting Professor at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and Visiting Professor at Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, Oberlin College and Carnegie Mellon University.
Here are some important action items from the webinar:
- Sign up for the Environmental Health Trust newsletter at www.ehtrust.org
- Learn how phones should be kept as far away from the body as possible at www.showthefineprint.org
- Learn how to adopt a cell phone wireless safety proclamation in your city at http://ehtrust.org/adopt-a-wireless-safety-proclamation-in-your-city/
- Put cell phones on airplane mode as much as possible
- Never use a cell phone when the signal is weak; it’s much more harmful.
- Stay as far away from a wireless router as possible.
- Get a Pong case for your cell phone; it has been shown to reduce radiation by 60-90%.
Date & Time
- Thursday, July 23, 2015 1:00 pm