- Chronic explosive diarrhea from age 18 months to 6 years
- Multiple food allergies and chemical sensitivities, that lasted until 6th grade
- Candida, yeast overgrowth
- Facial tics
- Night terrors
- Several violent tantrums per day from about 2 ½ to 3 years old. Took up about 3 hours of our day trying to calm him down.
- Difficulty transitioning
- Sensory Integration, or SI
- Literal interpretation of language
Major Healing Elements
- Strict diets I designed specifically for Jacob using muscle testing to watch for food sensitivities, and very few chemicals/preservatives/artificial ingredients of any kind.
- Limiting his exposure to environmental toxins.
- Emotional healing (NET, EFT, NLP)
- The right supplements
- The belief that your child can heal.
Third grade was the official diagnosis.
Broke my heart.
Broke my heart a million more times, learning about sensory integration, and finally understanding why he was so whiny, angry about sensory issues.
Learning about the literal interpretation, when I really thought he was being bratty, and so did his teachers. He was simply misunderstanding a lot of what was being said, but that really didn’t make sense to all of us because he was so smart; how could he misunderstand?
And when he finally ‘relaxed’ and stopped being so angry/disruptive with the findings of these things.
Everything happened at once with the diagnosis, and since it was even worse than we thought, (we thought he had ADD), I got more aggressive finding out what other dietary and supplement interventions we could do.
With persistence, and prayer/belief, he healed.
He is now 17, has two jobs, been on the honor roll 3 years in high school, is very well liked by peers and work friends, helps me around the house voluntarily, chose for himself to go back on a ‘diet’ since he’s been off them for 5 years–picked the ketogenic diet by researching it all on his own!
He amazes me, and he would amaze me if he had been a typical kid. But for him to have achieved all this, a miracle.
–Carolyn Wilcoxon, May 2012