Physical relief and emotional wellness can be achieved simply by learning how to tap on acupuncture and acupressure points that have been part of the healing concepts of Eastern medicine for over 5,000 years.
What Is Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)?
The Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) is a healing modality that combines ancient Chinese acupressure and acupuncture with modern psychology.
Commonly referred to as “tapping”, EFT is a form of psychological acupressure, based on the same energy meridians used in acupuncture to treat physical and emotional ailments.
Simple tapping with the fingertips is used to input kinetic energy onto specific meridians on the head and chest while you think about your specific problem – whether it is a traumatic event, a fear, pain, etc. — and also adding voice positive affirmations.
How Does EFT Work?
This combination of tapping the energy meridians and voicing positive affirmation works to clear the “short-circuit” – the emotional block — from your body’s bioenergy system, thus restoring your mind and body’s balance, which is essential for optimal health and the healing of physical disease.
Tapping can be used with specific emotional intent to help work through life’s most difficult challenges.
The body is really much more powerful than we can possibly imagine.
Tapping is a means to take control and power over your body and emotional mind in a safe effective way.
The EFT Tapping Points:
- Top of the Head (TOH)
- Beginning of the Eyebrow (EB)
- Side of the Eye (SE)
- Under the Eye (UE)
- Under the Nose (UN)
- Chin Point (CH)
- Beginning of the Collarbone (CB)
- Under the Arm (UA)
EFT Tapping Locations
- Karate chop area: outside edge of hand, below little finger
- Eyebrow: either eyebrow, tap on end near bridge of nose
- Under the eye: about 1″ below either eye, on bone
- Under the nose: above upper lip
- Chin: below lower lip, crease where chin starts
- Beginning of collar bone: inside end of either collarbone, on end below the throat
- Four inches under armpit: side on rib cage
- Side of little finger: side near ring finger, at base of nail
- Inside of wrist: pulse point area (where many people fasten their watch band)
- Crown of head: resting open hand, palm down on crown
Here’s a video presentation for beginners on how to tap:
Is EFT Also for My Child?
EFT and tapping are a safe and easy therapy for parents to do with their children at home.
First, become familiar yourself and then you can try to help your children.
EFT can be a relaxation tool, can improve self-esteem and confidence, increase cognitive awareness and reduce negative thoughts and drama that children go through during the day:
- Practice happy thoughts
- Release negative emotions
- Reduce negative feelings associated with events
- Practice calm thoughts before bedtime
- Release unwanted memories about the day before sleeping
Epidemic Answers hosted a webinar about the Emotional Freedom Technique, and you can sign up for the replay here: https://epidemicanswers.org/events/emotional-freedom-technique-robin-friedman/