Biochemistry aims to answer the following questions:
- What is present in his/her body in terms of biochemicals?
- What is missing?
- What is in excess?
Common “ingredients” that can be out of balance include:
- Essential fatty acids
- Trace minerals
- Unsupported genetic mutations
- Amino acids
Imbalances that affect our biochemistry and functioning may include:
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Immune dysregulation
- Genetic predispositions
- Metal metabolites
- Toxic chemicals
- Gastrointestinal malabsorption
- Salt conductivity
- Carbohydrate metabolism
- Protein metabolism
- Ammonia (metabolic toxicity)
- Cellular energy production (ATP)
- Oxidative stress
- Cell membrane integrity
- Intracellular dehydration
These biochemical imbalances can affect your child’s personality, behavior, neurological functioning, immune functioning and allergic responses.
How Do I Identify Biochemical Imbalances in My Child?
Work with your integrative healthcare practitioner to pinpoint some areas to explore.
Then find a laboratory that does specific testing for an area that you want to explore.
Work with your child’s doctor to create a protocol to help correct the imbalances.
Here are some laboratories that address biochemical imbalances:
- Great Plains Laboratory offers a variety of metabolic tests such as:
- Immune deficiency evaluations
- Amino acid tests
- Comprehensive fatty acid tests
- Organic acids testing
- Metal toxicity
- Food allergies tests
- Doctor’s Data Laboratory offers a variety of tests for:
- Toxic and essential elements
- Environmental exposure
- Allergy testing
- Immunological testing
- Nutritional testing
- Body Bio Patricia Kane PhD does a metabolic application of fatty acid analysis with lipid testing from Kennedy Krieger Institute’s Peroxisomal Diseases Laboratory.
- Genova Diagnostics offers tests for:
- Amino acids
- Metametrix Clinical Laboratory offers testing for:
- Toxic metals
- Amino acid
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Leaky gut testing
- Neurosciences offers testing for:
- Biochemical imbalances in neurotransmitters
- SpectraCell Laboratories offers testing for:
- Nutritional status
- Vitamin levels
- Antioxidant levels
- Health Diagnostics and Research Institute offers testing on:
- Methylation pathways
- Immuno Laboratory offers testing for:
- Airborne allergies
- Food allergies
- Delayed food activity testing
- ALCAT offers testing for:
- Food sensitivities
- Chemical sensitivities
- Vitamin D
- Adrenal stress profile
- Moleculera Laboratories offers testing for:
- Autoimmune neurobiology testing
- Baylor Miraca offers testing for:
- Fragile X
- Chromosomal microarray
- Comprehensive autism panel testing
- Holistic Health International NutriGenomic offers testing for:
- Biochemical levels
- Direct Health Care Access II, Inc. offers testing for:
- Metabolic panel
- Kryptopyrolle (pyroluria)
- Serum copper
- Zinc plasma
- Whole-blood histamine
- IgeneX offers testing for:
- Lyme disease
- Lyme co-factors
- Tick-borne diseases
Still Looking for Answers?
Sources & References
No sources & references currently available.
No resources currently available.
No related pages currently available.