Little children often complain of “tummy aches” and minor gastrointestinal disturbances which may be easily rectified with some homeopathy, herbal teas or drops and a few other home remedies. Some common childhood tummy disturbances may be bloating, gas, diarrhea, constipation, acid reflux, pain, vomiting, rotavirus, viral and bacterial infections, food poisoning, nerves and the flu. Here are a few suggestions to treat your child’s tummy ailments:
- Probiotics provide healthy microflora which will rid the digestive tract of any unwanted pathogens causing any disturbances.
- Digestive Enzymes are important to help digest food properly especial when food allergies are present. Papaya and pineapple have natural enzymes; betaine hydrochloric acid is the digestive acid the stomach naturally produces to digest your food.
- Zinc is an important mineral which helps heal and support the gastrointestinal system
- Chamomile tea is a natural anti-inflammatory and sedative helping to calm the stomach down. Ginger tea helps stop nausea, and neutralize stomach acids and is anti inflammatory. Peppermint tea helps with digestion, relaxes stomach muscles and eases pain
- Rock salt heated up and rolled in a towel can take away stomach cramping.
- Homeopathy (Hyland’s is a good brand for children) can help with diarrhea, constipation, bloating, gas, flu, acid reflux, vomiting, food poisoning, discomfort and pain.
- Herbs and homeopathy can help with viral and bacterial infections – Echinacea, goldenseal, anti-viral and anti-bacterial homeopathics, olive leaf extract, oregano oil, and colloidal silver.
- Herb packs heated up in the microwave are soothing to the tummy.
- Electrolytes to avoid any dehydration issues from vomiting, flu, etc.
In the case of chronic pain after eating certain foods, this may be an indication of food sensitivities or food allergies. Or your child may have an underlying gastrointestinal disorder – Celiac, Colitis, Crohn’s Disease etc. G.I. Disorders; Allergies